Last Updated on March 9, 2021 by YourBestCoffeeMachine
About the MiniPresso GR Espresso Maker
Have you every wondered whether you can carry with you an espresso maker wherever you go – to the office, school, heading back home, or even when you are out for an adventure? Thanks to modern technology for making those possible with the use of MiniPresso GR Maker by Wacaco.
This portable espresso maker is lightweight, hand-powered, compact, and versatile. It’s really small for ease when carrying and what is best about it is that you don’t need to find an electric outlet to make it work. It does not even need cartridges. You can grind coffee beans at your own convenience and get the same quality espresso as what other machines do.
The MiniPresso GR resembles a small thermos and its water chamber hold up to 70ml of hot water (up to the line/grid) so you get just enough shot of authentic espresso of your choice. As to the beans, you can use any at your discretion so that gives you enough flexibility in trying out other flavors. It weighs 360 grams or about 0.8 lbs making it easy to bring around with you. Add to that, it has a body dimension of 6.89 inches in height, 2.75 inches in diameter, and 2.36 inches in width. Even if you are up for a backpacking adventure, this won’t be too bulky for you. Another great feature this espresso maker has is the built-in coffee scoop and cup/lid in one.
How does the MiniPresso GR Espresso Maker Works?
Using this espresso maker is so easy. Of course, you need to read the instructional manual that goes along with your purchased item to guide you throughout especially on your first try. This mini machine is just perfect for your manual brewing not to mention its ease in handling. It can give you the crema that every trained barista wants. Preparation time is pretty quick. It only takes a few seconds to brew and its yield per process is around 1-1.5 shots.
You may say that it is not enough; but don’t worry, you can always repeat the procedure. It’s just too quick anyway to cause a hassle. Be extra careful though when tamping the espresso in the filter basket as this may ruin the pump’s seal. You may however let go of the tamping by using the coffee scoop to fill the coffee grounds into the filter.
To start with, use the scoop to add the grounds to the filter basket. Tap and apply a little pressure on the grounds to its level after which, you can now add hot water in the tank up to its line. After screwing, invert it and slowly pump to add pressure. Continue adding pressure until all espresso is extracted.
Not only is this coffee maker user-friendly, it is also so easy to clean considering that all of its parts are detachable. After you have detached the parts (except the nozzle), rinse them with clean water. Flush the nozzle area with water too through pumping. But be very careful when doing that. You can also make a follow up cleaning by using vinegar to make sure that all particles that are stuck into the nozzle and pump are removed. Flush it clean thereafter with water for a couple of times. After that, your MiniPresso is now ready for the next espresso shot.
Pros and Cons of the MiniPresso GR Espresso Maker
Let us now take a look into the pros and cons of this coffee maker and in order to determine its overall performance.
- Compact. Perfect for travels, this small coffee maker is just the size you need so it isn’t bulky at all. Bringing it around with you will make you realize that this is too handy. It has a perfect cylinder shape and smooth edges making it easy to slip into whatever space there is in your carried baggage.
- Rich espresso shot. Whenever you crave for your favorite espresso from your favorite barista, reaching out for this espresso maker instead of going to your regular coffee shop would be a great option.
- Consistent espresso shots. You get equally great-tasting espresso shots after the other.
- Affordable. This surely is light on the pocketbook compared to other espresso makers that are out in the market and the fact that you can have your very own espresso makes you save a lot than buying from your local cafes.
- Gives you espresso shots in seconds. Get your espresso shots ready after a few pushes.
- Pump at your own discretion. You can actually apply medium to high pressure depending on your preference and there is no strict rule on this.
- No batteries or electricity required. As this is a manual espresso maker, you do have to worry whether you are away from an electric plug or running out of batteries.
- Easy to clean. As the device is detachable, cleaning becomes super easy for you.
- Durability when tamping. It is not advisable to tamp as it can damage it.
- Small serving size. It gives you 1-1.5 shots per process so you have to do the process again although it gives you a really short processing time.
- Nozzle not detachable. This is the only part that is hard to clean.
You get quality espresso shots with generous crema each time you need some wherever you are. It can give you the craving you want from your favourite café although it may not equal its taste. But the strength and cream is there of course from your very own barista self.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01K1OJ8IE” locale=”US” tag=”yourbestcoffe-20″]>>>Click to see the latest price for Wacaco Minipresso GR Portable Espresso Maker on Amazon<<<[/easyazon_link]
To sum up,[easyazon_link identifier=”B01I559PVG” locale=”US” tag=”yourbestcoffe-20″]Wacaco’s MiniPresso GR Espresso Maker[/easyazon_link] has exceeded most of its users’ expectations. It is unbelievably the best in its line of manual coffee makers and gives you the ‘wake’ and ‘kick’ that you are looking for in every espresso shot you take. Hold it, slip it on your business bag, car’s compartment, or place it wherever you feel comfortable. It won’t take much space nor cause a clutter.
Highly recommended for people who are always on the go – travelers and busy individuals – who have no time to take a stop for a to go espresso shot, this allows you to just sit back and relax and savor your handmade beverage like a true blue barista.
So the next time you are thinking of getting yourself a coffee maker, consider this so you can start brewing very soon. Enjoy the moment as what every coffee aficionado does.